Senior J2EE/SOA & BRMS Software Engineering Architect / Instructor / Mentor
Mike eats and breathes Java and the J2EE & Rule Engine technologies. With a Ph.D. in Physics, he has significant experience in an R&D environment, performing applied research, participating in the architectural, design and prototyping, using J2EE technologies to develop enterprise applications. He has the following experience and skills:
Mike is a senior technical architect who has provided technical leadership in designing, implementing and developing applications based on business requirements provided by the client using J2EE with or without a BRMS components.
He has played leadership roles, from project management, architect to team lead, simultaneously interfacing with the client. He has also supervised and interacted extensively and effectively with other technical architects, consistently ensuring that technical approaches meet scalability, robustness, functional and performance requirements in specific areas. In addition, he is an extremely hands-on technologist, who works shoulder to shoulder with his staff, being committed to meeting deadlines and budgetary requirements.
- Ph.D. in Physics, a Masters in Physics and a Bachelors Degree in Physics and Electronics, having worked extensively in computational, data modeling & web enabling applications, using various tools and programming languages (Fortran, C/C++, Java/J2EE, ILOG JRules, etc.).
- With more than a decade in the information technology as a developer, architect technical mentor & trainer, Mike excels as an architect & technical trainer. He has been teaching subjects such as J2EE application development, JRules Development using ILOG JRules, and system administration using open source products and platforms as well as WebSphere products such as WSAD & WAS. He brings to the classroom over 15 years of hands-on technical experience in software research/development environments, having worked with J2EE since its birth. His competence in the domain of J2EE is demonstrated by his experience as an architect and trainer. Mike uses OOA&D methodology together with customize RUP and Design Patterns to provide a best possible solution to a given problem domain. In communicating his design and ideas, he uses Rational Rose, XDE, Together Soft, Visio, and other tools as necessary.
- He has been intimately involved in the full life cycle of software development, from requirements gathering to architectural design documentation, development, implementation and user acceptance.
- He is practiced and well-able to articulate and communicate complex technical concepts, such as J2EE, OOAD, ILOG JRules, etc.
- He is solid in his management of time; his communication skills are excellent, as are his decision-making and organization skills.
- He has solid technical knowledge of broad business areas, from scientific, retail, e-commerce, financial, educational to general business environments.
- He is familiar with both Windows and UNIX/Linux operation systems.
- Mike has Sun & IBM Certification in Java, Solution Developer, WSAD & WAS.